Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Charlie Horse Expiernce.

So i am entering the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy, i have experienced back pain (yeah it hurts but i can put up with it), i have random pains in my butt and other areas (weird i know), and i have experienced the random charlie horse. So nothing too horrible and nothing i couldn't handle.

That is until last night! I woke up in the most horribly excruciating pain ever, OK maybe it wasn't really that bad but when you wake up from a dead sleep to being in a good amount of pain it seems like its 20 million times worse than i would think it was if i had already been up. I woke up with a charlie horse that was a 10 on the pain scale. So i tried the tricks that have worked with my lesser charlie horses, flexing my foot, trying to stretch my leg out and finally massaging my calf.

Well people those things did not work this time! When i flexed my foot all i wanted to do was cut my foot right off as it felt like the pain was radiating from there. When i tried to stretch my leg out, i couldn't even tell if my leg or feet were moving as they felt stuck to the bed. And finally when i massaged my calf there was a small tingle of relief however once i stopped the pain came right back. So i laid in bed for about a half hour at about 4:30 massaging my calf and trying to determine if i moved my foot would it

a) actually move, as at this point i wasn't sure if my foot actually functioned anymore
b) if i would be sending myself into a butt load of pain again.

Well i was finally able to fall back asleep for a short period of time before my alarm went off, but when i was getting ready this morning just walking around my room created pain in my leg. So i think my charlie horse was so bad i actually pulled a muscle, now doesn't that make for a fun start to the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment