Monday, March 15, 2010

A New Dr. and Even More Choices

So John and I went to another Dr. to try to start this process again. This Dr. was very nice and professional and better yet we could understand everything he said. I feel though that anytime i mention the cost and how we don't want to spend more than we have to, every Dr immediately gets defensive and trys to "sell" us on a cheaper option. I feel like they never really take it seriously that i know what i want to do. So this new Dr. doesn't like the pictures of the HSG test we had done originally that determined that i have only 1 functioning tube. So we are going to do another test that will do an ultrasound of the area instead of x-rays. I say great, lets do what we have to do to get things going. But then he keeps trying to tell us to do an IUI, which to me is throwing money down the drain if we don't have the egg come out of the correct side (assuming the first test was right and i only have 1 working tube). I felt so gained up on as this Dr and his student were telling us IUI was the way to go and then John liked the idea of only spending $3000 vs the $15000, so he was for the idea too. I also like the idea of spending less but what if the IUI's don't work and we have to spend the $15 K after that, and if that one doesn't work its $3 K for each additional IVF. I would rather know this is going to work, but i will hold all decisions until after the results from this new test come back. I just want to be done making decisions for this.

The Dr. also told us that we could keep trying on our own as I am so "young" that I don't really need to rush it. So then he goes on to say that our chances every month would be 1 - 2%. Yeah I don't think those chances work for me Doc. I now feel guilty for having to go through this at my age. I don't think i could go to a support group as the feeling i get is that i should just suck it up as i have many more years to reproduce if i so choose.

This is all very frustrating and very exhausting to figure out all of this. I feel that at least once a week I have an emotional breakdown and just can't take anymore. Luckily I have John and Renee to pick me back up and help me go another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment