Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another day, Another appointment

So we had another Dr. appointment today. This one John had to provide a "sample" for testing and i got to have liquid inserted into my uterus and an internal ultrasound. Let me tell you NOT FUN!! So to make it even more awkward i got to have a student watching as the Dr did his thing down there. I just can't say no when they ask if its OK if a student watches but i didn't realize that this male student would be staring at an area that only my husband should be seeing. Well i did what had to be done and spread them nice and wide for all the world to see. Oh and has anyone ever wondered that when they tell you to undress from the waist down they give you a wash cloth size towel to "cover" yourself. Well whats the point when everyone will be looking down there anyways and by no means was this towel enough to hide everything from those walking by the door when the Dr enters and exits. Ridiculous!!

Anyways so they found that I indeed only have 1 working tube and that my uterus was never fully developed. My uterus not developing fully is probably why there is only 1 tube and this also makes my uterus smaller. The Dr. said this will increase my chances for having a preterm labor and/or having to have a c-section as often the baby will flip and not have enough room to flip back before the birth. This was not what i want to hear as i have really wanted a more natural birth. Not natural all the way of course as I want the drugs. Now I'm fearful of not being able to get pregnant and if i do what this means for the actual birth. Great just bring on the fears.

John and i have another appointment to create our "plan" next Wednesday. As of right now we are thinking we will give it 3 months to see if i ovulate on the correct side and if i do in those 3 months do an IUI (insemination) and after that we will move full steam ahead with IVF. Granted these thoughts could change any minute as we are constantly changing our mind about what we want to do.

I just keep wishing this would all end so i can be a normal girl again, but then i have to force myself to remember that this is my new normal, and that once pregnant that will be my new normal and so on as life is constantly changing and i must adjust and change with it.

Also want to throw out congratulations to Leatrice as she embarks on her new normal pregnant and mother of 1. Yay Leatrice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment